Introduction to Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center
PIONEERS HAVE BEEN DESCRIBED AS THOSE WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE, PREPARING THE WAY FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY WHOSE FOOTPRINTS HAVE PAVED THE WAY ON BELL MOUNTAIN.
The first recorded land owners were Oliver and John Gaff in 1870. They were followed by a long list of homesteaders, including John Bell, who filed a land patent in 1917. He was listed as a farmer and, according to tradition, the ranch was named for him. Over the years, Bell Mountain land has been used for farming, ranching, logging, and mining. The last recorded homesteader was George and William Medinger, who were cattle ranchers. Over the years, these property owners have left their mark on Bell Mountain and provided an amazing heritage for others.
Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center has a proud history of equestrian professionalism. And we look forward to working with other passionate equestrians towards the future.
We are focusing on renovating and reopening several of the equestrian services that are most important to residents of the Bell Mountain Ranch community, to the Town of Castle Rock, and to the surrounding areas. Our initial service offerings are designed to meet every equestrian’s immediate needs and provide comprehensive services at the right price.
Our goal isn’t to fill our stables. Our goal is to share with everyone a piece of the history of Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center, a renewing feeling of peace, and an opportunity to be part of the future of Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center.